Precognition, also called Future Sight or Foresight is the psychic ability to visually perceive information about future events before they happen, as opposed to guessing based on deductive reasoning and current knowledge. It can come as a brief flash of the scene, or it may last longer. Sometimes, however, it can even be activated at will, within whichever time intervals the user desires (“the next six hours”, “tomorrow”, etc.), at which point the power becomes Selective Precognition or Selective Foresight.
Different Precogs often display their precognitive abilities in different ways; Precognitive Dreaming, Precognitive Painting, and Psychophonics are just examples of expressions of precognitive abilities.
Selective Precognition Edit
An incredibly rare manifestation of precognition.
Known Evolved Humans Edit
- Isaac Mendez naturally possessed an aspect of this ability
- Byron Bevington naturally possesses an aspect of this ability
- Usutsu naturally possessed an aspect of this ability
- Angela Petrelli naturally possesses an aspect of this ability
- Peter Petrelli duplicated this ability, with his original ability of Empathic Mimicry, but no longer possesses it.
- Gabriel Gray duplicated an aspect of this ability
- Arthur Petrelli stole an aspect of this ability
A person with any type of precognition would possibly be able to learn things about the future and use this knowledge to control the events of the future to suit their particular needs.
Different types of precognition have different limitations, see those articles for examples.