Possession or Domination is the ability to psychically take over the body, mind or spirit of a living entity, or the structure of an object, either by force or willingly by the host (or sometimes a living subject may be entirely unaware). One with this ability may be able to do any of the following faculties:
- Puppetry, also called another version of Mirroring, Psychic Control, Psychic/Psionic Puppetry or (more colloquially) Psychic/Psionic Puppet Strings - the ability to create a psychic/psionic link between the user’s motion and living subjects’ motion. The subjects can still resist, but the user controls the subjects’ bodies (and power use, if the subject has powers) as though they weren’t resisting, moving their limbs by making hand gestures similar to controlling a puppet (hence the ability’s name). Rarely, the subject can even be manipulated as though by Telekinesis (slung around, levitated, etc.).
- Body/Bodily Possession or Physical Possession - the ability for one's body to literally “phase into” the body of another living being (or simply to psychically take control over that being's movements) without mental domination. One with this ability almost entirely overrides the host's conscious control of motion and can use this body to gain access to new skills and abilities for his own personal gain.
- Mind/Mental Possession or Psychic Possession/Domination - the ability for one's consciousness to enter the mind of another living being, thus mentally dominating that being's thoughts, memories and mental faculties. One with this ability almost entirely overrides the host's consciousness and can use this body to gain access to new knowledge, skills and abilities for his own personal gain. This version of possession leaves the user's body inert and open to harm.
- Spirit/Spiritual Possession or Astral Possession - the ability for one to dominate the soul of another living being, thus taking control over that being's soul, while also dominating his mind and body in the process. One with this ability almost entirely overrides the host's spirit (thus the mind and body) and can use this body to gain access to new knowledge, skills and abilities for his own personal gain, as well as sometimes bestowing the host with supernatural capability. This version of possession leaves the user's body inert and open to harm.
- Object Possession - the ability for one's consciousness or physical body to enter into an inanimate object. This ability could allow possession of electronics (to control electronic functions like a technopath) or normal inanimate objects (like an animator, except using one's own mind/body as the animating energy). The user still perceives their environment as though they were in a normal body.
Possession can be done on multiple subjects/objects at a time, but this requires division of attention, and so usually only the strongest minds are successful with such faculty; numerous types of Possession are hard to do simultaneously. Another faculty of Possession is Power Possession or Power Domination in which one can control when the abilities of another superhuman will work, for how long and with how much intensity. Other forms of Possession are possible.
Note: When the user is capable of performing Bodily, Mental and Spiritual Possession, the user is just listed as having the power of Possession (not to mention, just the term Possession or just the term Domination can be used interchangeably with either of the three).